June 1, 2010

never a day like today

It is so nice to finish the day, which was a tremendous day. Especially to end it in such a way that I am now feeling very serene, which is never the case for such anxiety driven people like myself. To finish it with warm English muffins dripping with butter, a cup of earl grey tea, underneath my safe and warm bed watching classic John Hughes films.

I feel very tired of my surroundings, not that they bring me down (I have not a reason to be) but it seems as if I have seen the same things time and time again. Thus leaving me, wishing to travel. I do not know where, somewhere where things are new. But maybe...my eyes are just not open enough.

I spent the day with a fellow Beatle enthusiast, it sometimes feels nice when someone has the same intensity of interest that you have of something. Instead of hopelessly floating around thinking "what am I supposed to do now?" We watched Help! and generally chatted about the group for a while. I really enjoyed it.

It is the first day of June today, which means the first day of Winter and I am frightfully excited. The rain makes me feel a lot more happier than any day with sunshine. I am looking so forward to completely dressing appropriately for the weather about to arrive. I sometimes forget the value of a day. There will never be another first of June in the year of two thousand and ten.


No comments:

Post a Comment